One of the popular programs that senior citizens in Mexico can apply for is the INAPAM (Instituto Nacional para las Personas Adultas Mayores) discount card. This is offered to all Mexicans and foreign residents who are 60 years of age or older and enables them to enjoy worthwhile discounts on a whole range of goods and services including food, medicines, transport, clothing, as well as recreation and leisure activities.
Requirements for DIF senior card application.
Location: on Los Cabos avenue not far from the Los Cabos Magazine office. Look for the lot with fire trucks, on the north side of Ave. Los Cabos, across from the school.
Make a u-turn and go back about one block. Turn right onto Calle Violeta, near the fire trucks. The DIF office is about 1-1/2 blocks off Ave Los Cabos.
DIF – INSPAM – requirements
• 3 photos – size: infantil – Front view (No instant, or color prints)
• Original and 2 color copies – FM2 or FM3 (these will include your CURP number)
• Original and 2 color copies of your current US Passport
• Original and 2 color copies of driver license
• Original and 2 color copies of your comprobante de domicilo (proof of address – water, electric, or phone bill.
• Name and phone number of a responsible person
DIF Cabo San Lucas
Ave. Los Cabos y Calle Voileta, Col. Jacarandas,
Cabo San Lucas, BCS
Tel. 172-5600, Ext. 116
No one at the office speaks English. Anyone going will need to take a translator with them. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes at the DIF office, plus wait time if they are busy. They will prepare the card while you wait. Check that the information they type is correct. I needed to go back and get my last name printed correctly.
There is no fee for this card.